Most applicants to Washington and Lee apply through our Regular Decision program. Through it, applicants who meet the January 1st deadline receive their admission decision by April 1st, along with the details of any need-based financial aid award or merit-based scholarship for which they might qualify.
In contrast to our binding Early Decision programs, students applying Regular Decision may consider the admission decisions from all colleges to which they applied before making a final choice about where to enroll. Students have until May 1st -- the National Candidate Reply Date -- to make their final college choice.
What You'll Need
A complete application for admission consists of:
- A completed Common Application or QuestBridge Application
- An official copy of your high school transcript (International applicants should include final or predicted school leaving exam results, if applicable)
- Self-reported or official scores from the SAT or ACT
- Two Teacher recommendations
- One recommendation letter from your guidance or college counselor
- The Common Application Secondary School Report form, completed by your guidance or college counselor