The Generals' Headquarters (GHQ) W&L's web portal for applicants
Here at The Generals' Headquarters, applicants to W&L can monitor the progress of their applications and, eventually, receive their admissions decisions. If you have applied to W&L, here are some of the ways you will use the GHQ in the coming weeks:
- Confirm that all required application materials have been received in our office
- Create a portfolio to supplement your application by uploading images, videos or audio recordings. (Prospective music students - find more information and guidelines here)
- Connect with your admissions counselor
- Add updates to your application after you've submitted it, such as news of recent honors or accomplishments, a resume, additional writing samples, or other information you want us to know
- When the time comes, receive your admission decision and indicate which college you plan to attend
I just submitted my application and am looking for the Applicant GHQ.
Please proceed to the GHQ. To establish your account you will need the temporary password provided to you by email, the email address you used for the Common Application, and your birthdate.
After we receive your application from the Common Application, you will receive a confirmation email from your admissions counselor containing your log-in credentials for the Applicant GHQ and a link to the GHQ. To log in for the first time you will need the email address associated with your application and the temporary password supplied in the confirmation email. If you have misplaced your temporary password or have trouble logging in, please click the Returning Applicants: Applicant GHQ button and use the "Forgot Your Password?" link to request a new password. Your new temporary password will be sent to the email address we have on file for your application.
I am a returning GHQ user.
Please log in to the applicant portal using the email address associated with your application and the password you have previously set. If you cannot remember your password, or have trouble logging in, please use the "Forgot Your Password?" button on the log in page to reset your password for your portal account. Your new temporary password will be sent to the email address we have on file. If after resetting your password you still encounter trouble accessing the applicant portal, please contact us for assistance at (540) 458-8710 or email@example.com.