As an undergrad at W&L, Ben created his own major in "International Political Economy," minored in Latin American and Caribbean Studies, was captain of the wrestling team, a member of Phi Gamma Delta, and co-founded General's Development Initiative (GenDev). Following graduation he went on to complete a Masters in International Business and Diplomacy at New York University where he also worked with development economist Dr. William Easterly. Upon graduating, Ben joined a boutique international management consulting and transaction advisory firm where he worked with healthcare, technology, media and telecommunications companies, as well as domestic and foreign government agencies, on their emerging markets growth and investment strategies. His work took him to numerous countries across the Middle East, Africa and Latin America. At the beginning of 2018, Ben joined CVS Health’s Enterprise Strategy & Corporate Development team where he worked on the Aetna acquisition, and continues to support enterprise strategy, innovation and business development efforts across the enterprise.
Explore careers in consulting by exploring the links below. Found a career you're interested in? Stop by our office or make an appointment via Handshake with a career advisor and begin networking to learn more.
- Consulting Career Quest
- Consulting Crossing
- Consulting Magazine - Read about featured consulting career opportunities
- Environmental Consulting Jobs
- IBM Consulting by Degrees - Explore and apply for an IBM consulting summer internship and full-time entry level consultant opportunities in their Consulting by Degrees program
- Management Consulting Secrets
- Top 47 Bigdata Analytics Consulting Companies
Resources for Purchase
- Case in Point
- Case Interview Secrets - Written by W&L alumnus Victor Cheng
- Crack the Case System: Complete Case Interview Prep
- Master the Case - Offers comprehensive Case Interview and Fit preparation via premium HD video tutorials
- PrepLounge.com - Interactive case interview practice
- The Case Interview: 20 Days to Ace the Case
- Student Consulting - Washington and Lee Student Consulting (WLSC) is a student organization created to provide pro bono consulting services to businesses and not-for-profit community organizations. Student consultants will focus on financial consulting, management consulting, human resource consulting, public relations consulting or any number of other sub-specialties.
One of the best ways to explore careers and find job opportunities is to network with progressional. Below are some alumni who have experience in the field and have volunteered to be a resource. To connect with someone, log in to Colonnade Connections and find their contact information. Not sure how to begin networking? Stop by our office to get started.