Christian graduated cum laude from Washington and Lee University with a BS in Business Administration and a BA in Politics. He is currently a Product Solutions Manager at Facebook's headquarters in Menlo Park, CA leading initiatives across trust and safety, ads delivery, and advertiser tools.
Explore careers in the technology sector by exploring the links below. Found a career you're interested in? Stop by our office or make an appointment via Handshake with a career advisor and begin networking to learn more.
A career in technology often requires you to have a scientific resume. This can include highlighting your knowledge of various programming languages. Check out resume examples on Handshake.
Programming, Systems & IT
- Computer Jobs - Job board and create job alerts
- Computer World - Articles on recent tech news and blogs
- DICE - Job board and career advice (professional docs, networking, etc.)
- GE Jobs - Information about working at GE and application
- IT Jobs Worldwide - Job opportunities abroad for IT
- Web Professionals - Jobs in web design, development, security, search marketing, and engineering
- ANGEL - Search for job opportunities in different startups
- Digital NYC - Resource for NYC's startups and technology information; brings together companies, jobs, and blogs
- StartupHire - Search for jobs; can create a profile to be paired with opportunities
- The Muse - Business, IT, Sales, and Marketing with cutting edge companies
- Venture Loop - Search for jobs in startups
Gaming, Animation, TV & Film
- Computer Graphics - Available job list from ACM SIGGRAPH
- Gaming Jobs - Jobs in video games, animation, VFX, and technology
- CSI - Resource for learning about forensics career including jobs, articles, and videos
- Forensic Internships - List of forensic science internship opportunities
Technical Interviewing Resources
- Cracking the Coding Interview
- Programming Interviews Exposed
- Grow Your Technical Skills with Google
Research & Other General Opportunities
- Computer Science Online - Guidebook combines expert interviews, career advice and start up knowledge to supply the most up-to-date and accurate information about the growing computer science industry
- Digital Marketing - A non-profit serving the marketing industry; includes a job board
- IEEE Society Job Board - Network of professionals and job search resources
- IntelligenceCareers.gov - New website for candidates interested in internships and full-time jobs in the intelligence community (Defense Intelligence Agency, National Security Agency, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, Office of the Director of National Intelligence). Site hosts Job Exploration Tool in addition to postings. Security clearances can take up to 12 months - apply in the spring (2018) for the summer after next (2019). Juniors can apply for full-time positions starting after graduation.
- Jobs in Social Media - Search for jobs in social media; also includes a career blog
- Research Experience for Undergraduates by NSF - National Science Foundation funds a large number of research opportunities for undergraduate students through its REU Sites program. An REU Site consists of a group of ten or so undergraduates who work in the research programs of the host institution.
- Tiny Tech Jobs - Jobs in nanotechnology, information technology, and biotechnology
- Computer Science Department Opportunities
- Women in Technology and Science (WITS) - WITS combats the societal idea that only boys should be pushed to excel in math and science. Our mission is to encourage young women to pursue science and technology by giving girls from local middle and elementary schools an opportunity to perform science experiments from all disciplines during the school year.
One of the best ways to explore careers and find job opportunities is to network with progressional. Below are some alumni who have experience in the field and have volunteered to be a resource. To connect with someone, log in to Colonnade Connections and find their contact information. Not sure how to begin networking? Stop by our office to get started.